Thursday, December 18, 2008

Updated Plans

So far this month I haven't even began grinding seriously in poker yet (yikes!) since I was in Atlantic City for some WSOP Harrahs Events. I was there for like 7 days and played only 3 of the tournaments because I overslept for two and got to AC too late for one of them. I didn't cash in any of them but went pretty deep and felt good about it considering I didn't feel like I had much of anything go right. I did play the 5/10nl 2k buyin cash games though while I was there and made like $2k in that to cover my expenses for the trip and put me up.

The hotel at Harrahs turned out to be much nicer than I originally thought it would be since it was a new tower called the Waterfront which had rooms basically identical to the rooms in Borgata's Water Club which are very nice. Harrahs didn't even bill me for the room it turns out due to a computer malfunction apparently which works out great for me.

So anyway my general plans for a while were to grind poker and make some money doing that and then head out to Australia with some friends for a nice change of pace in lifestyle and travel some. I think it's a shame more poker players don't take advantage of the freedom we have from poker at our age to travel to different places and experience different culture. Grinding poker can be a much more interesting lifestyle when you travel around with friends.

So I was talking to someone I know from poker and was invited to live with him and some other guys in a Penthouse in the Philippines which I thought looked gorgeous. Here are a couple of pictures:





I thought since I was at home grinding anyway, the prospect of being able to grind in a sick place with other poker players while being able to travel to a new place as well sounded great. Not to mention the live poker scene out there was thriving and women would apparently be very fond of an American guy, so it sounded fun. But the MAIN reason I really felt that I needed to do it was that I would be able to play on Non USA poker sites which I felt would make my grinding that much more profitable in general. That made it feel like a pretty easy decision along with everything else. I felt like I was all ready to get going in February but then had something else come up that changed my plans.

A friend of mine that plays pretty much live poker on a full time basis called me ecstatically telling me about some new site that he had just got on that was filled with a bunch of rich live players who played horribly. Apparently some live players created their own software so they can just play from their homes online instead of in home games. The software is downloaded from a private link and the game is invite only with a very small player base. I checked out the games and at least 1 very soft 10/20nl games runs there nightly with the worst players I've ever seen. My friend is up like 20k on the site in his first 2 days on there. If I could get on that site and have it add even an additional $50k to my bottom line every month then that would justify postponing something like the Phiippines and keeping my grinding here. I wouldn't be able to play on that site while in the Philippines because cash outs are done in person and deposits are done in person through cash, there are no deposit options through the software.

So it looks like I may be staying here at home and grinding and then just traveling later on with friends to Australia. I'm not sure yet just how profitable the site is but I'm supposed to be getting on there today to find out. This month so far I am like even in poker but some friends that I'm staking are winning so I think i'm probably up like $5k from not playing. I am going to get on my grind this month though because now that I've settled some things with an ex-gf of mine and not going to the Philippines I'll have full reign to begin grinding for quite some time now.

I still need to go back to Borgata later this month though and will also be going in January as well for some Winter Borgata Open events but other than that I will be on my grind and hopefully continuing to have some of the best months ever for me.

My general plans for right now were to basically grind poker for a few months here at home and then take a trip with some friends to Australia to live there for a nice change of pace in lifestyle.

No comments: